Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Catching Media

I meant to reference this in the previous post about my generation holding onto our youth, but it didn't find its way in the blog.

"Whoever You Are" and "How Bizarre" by My impetus for that blog was inspired by rediscovering the music my sister used to listen to and subsequently had me give a listen. Some of the songs I returned to were "One Of Us" by Joan Osborn, Geggy Tah's "Whoever You Are" and "How Bizarre" by OMC.

Then after viewing I Could Never Be Your Woman, an apparent straight to DVD film, starring Michelle Pfeiffer and Paul Rudd, I recalled the eponymous song. (The film isn't that good and didn't merit being in theaters.) After a quick search on YouTube I found a music video for the song with its electronic and addictive beats.



The old school video reminded me of a movie I saw in a film history class. The iris transitions all screamed Seven Chances, a 1925 Buster Keaton movie.

It's these obscure references that justify my years of watching and studying film. Another interesting note about the 56-minute Seven Chances is that it has inspired other movies. In particular, one of the most famous scenes from the movie is an epic chase scene where women hunt Keaton through the streets in hopes of marrying him. The remake was The Bachelor (1999). Save the time and rent the original.

Upcoming blogs: An infallible way to figure out what to eat AND a can't miss French film.

No comments:

Post a Comment