Tuesday, May 13, 2008

You Sing It

As the angelic choir chirped in with the Rolling Stones that you can't always get what you want I wondered if I could just get what I want every once and a while.

On that upbeat note, my efforts to secure a job as a writer/director with Jellyvision have, at this point, been foiled. After completing a unique writing audition/assessment regarding how gliders work my prose didn't make the cut. I'm growing tired of these feats of strength and brilliance that companies put you through. Let's just skip all that and have a Darwinian extreme elimination obstacle course.

The prospective employers can stand by while jeering and throwing rotten fruit. There could be hurdles, a three-legged race, pie eating, a writing assessment, something from that British show where you had to urinate in order to buzz in. Let's make it one HUGE, ludicrous spectacle. There could be judges and those not chosen get exiled to Elba. Trump could oversee the festivities. Oh the possibilities.

Subsequently, I am seeking funding for this ridiculous reality show, so if you know anyone...

By the Rolling Stones logic, it looks like I need to be unemployed.
----------------
Listening to: The Rolling Stones - You Can't Always Get What You Want
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment