Thursday, January 17, 2008

Day 3: My Dogs Are Barkin

Lots of walking today as the convention kicked-off. I covered a press conference for Zildjian cymbals and sticks this morning. Took some pictures and notes for a small write up. Below are the big wigs for the company and one of their endorsers, Simon Phillips.

The rest of the day was spent on the floor talking with companies on my beat--keyboards and print--about their new products and trends they've noticed.

The Senior VP, Sales of Carl Fisher said that customers are seeking DVDs and CDs with their sheet music purchases. I spoke with the CEO at Galileo pianos about their line of goods. They make digital pianos. They had this one that is a digital player piano to which you can attach your iPod. If you download particular types of files you can plug in the iPod and the piano will play the song with vocals and the keys move to the notes. That was pretty cool. MSRP: $15,000+. I spoke with three guys at Alfred Publishing. They have some neat books coming out this year.

Tomorrow I have a breakfast meeting to cover at 7:30. Then the rest of the day will be spent covering my beat and talking with execs and other assignments as they come up.

Meal recap:
Breakfast: Waffle at restaurant in the hotel.
Lunch: Room service hamburger with fries and a pear. And no, I didn't put the pear ON the burger.
Dinner: Roasted lemon garlic chicken, which lacked both lemon and garlic, with potatoes and fall vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment